Thanks to a technology by the name of Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, it is possible to send and receive audio and video data via the Internet and with the right bandwidth, you can enjoy crystal clear audio and high-resolution video with zero delay.
Such is the diversity of video conferencing, it can be utilised in many ways.
- International business conferences – A multinational corporation would regularly hold video conferences, with the host and as many other venues as are required. The set up would depend on the number of participants, there is usually a large projector screen and every participant would have a laptop computer. Cyber-security is paramount with a video conferencing solution for obvious reasons and the provider ensures a secure connection.
- Distance learning – Universities, colleges and schools all over the world are turning to distance learnin.The Covid pandemic saw online tuition become established, while students who live in remote regions no longer have to attend school, as they can learn online.
- Virtual business meetings – One CEO might wish to share a video call with a client or colleague to discuss business possibilities. You can chat for as long as you wish and there are no by-the-minute charges. You can call any landline or mobile number using VoIP, talk to a provider and they can offer a free demo.
- Employee training – From health & safety to first aid, many companies commission staff training that is delivered in a virtual environment. It might be a workshop on sales closing, or how to network, there are many different courses that are compiled by experts.
- Touring a business facility – When you embark on a new business relationship and you would like to give a potential client a virtual tour of your business premises, a video call is ideal. Of course, there will come a day when the client visits your base, but until then, a video tour will give the client a clear picture of your company and what it does.
- Mental health counselling – Counsellors offer an online service and using a video call is much the same as being in the same room, at least as far as counselling is concerned. Other healthcare services can also be delivered via a video call, such as physiotherapy, even GPs offer their patients online consultations.
- Inter-government communication – Governments try to lead by example and rather than hundreds of delegates flying to a conference, the online meeting is hosted by one nation. A team of IT specialists would handle the technical side of such an event, ensuring that the connection is secure.
Choosing the right video conference provider It is crucial that your video conference goes without a hitch and that means choosing a provider with a proven track record in hosting online conferences. Start with a Google search to bring up a list of established telecommunication providers and ask a few to provide you with a quote to set up and manage a stable and secure network on which to host the conference.